Wednesday, May 15, 2013

NOTD: Zoya Blu

Wallpaper Weather Rainbow Sky Clouds Sunny Wallpapers 37611 Design 1920x1080 Pixel
Source
Click to view me full-sized!
I received a full-sized bottle of Zoya nail polish in "Blu" as part of my May IPSY subscription - I will do a detailed review of the entire bag and rave about how amazing it was in a bit, I'm just going to make sure to use things first so I have proper content and real reviews for you guys! I didn't want to rush, sample everything all at once, and only post my first impressions.

Zoya Blu is a thing of beauty - It is a very pale blue shade. A blue-tinged white, even. The best way I can think of describing it is that Blu is the shade of light, fluffy clouds allowing some of the sunny sky blue to peek through. It looks gorgeous on darker skintones and my NC42 skin contrasts nicely against the paleness of the nail polish color. For those with lighter skintones, you will not get as dramatic a look as I do. With mine, it's an in your face light blue. I can't say from experience, but it might look more subdued on those with a lighter skintone haha. Pastels in general on me tend to make a huge statement just because of how they contrast against my skin.

QUICK NOTES ON APPLICATION, ETC

  • Perfect consistency
  • Self-leveling
  • Not streaky even at first coat
  • 2 Coats needed for full opacity. Possibly 1 if you have a steadier hand
  • Smooth and glossy even without topcoat
  • Long-lasting. I'm on Day 3 of my manicure and there's barely any tipwear. 


WHAT I USED IN THE MANICURE

  • CND Stickey Basecoat, 1 coat
  • Zoya "Blu", 2 Coats
  • Revlon Quickdry Topcoat, 1 coat


Just a note - Most of my NOTD pictures are taken on my cell phone camera, an HTC Vivid Android phone with surprisingly high quality picture taking capabilities. I only title them NOTD instead of swatch & review because they are less formal, have unedited and unwatermarked cell phone pix, and generally don't go into too much depth.



BONUS - A Bigger Picture!

2 comments: