Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Butter London Scallywag Swatches And Review


I don't have a large stash of Butter London polishes, but I do truly adore each and every one that I do own! This particular nail polish, Scallywag, is from Butter London's Holiday 2012 Collection. A lot of great polishes, and Butter London favorites of mine, are from that collection including Shambolic, Fairy Cake, Fiddlestiks, and Jack The Lad. Did I just name like half the collection? Oops, yeah


Scallywag is a beautiful sky blue glitter suspended in clear base. However, it is also opaque enough in 1 thick coat or 2 thin=medium coats and provides full coverage. Maybe Milani's 1-coat glitters may rival this in opacity, but the quality and finish in the BL is truly superb.

Application was flawless, and without topcoat, Scallywag dries to a really cool satiny finish. I did this manicure on my friend (In case you've noticed that those are not my nails) and she preferred to topcoat it, so all pictures were taken with the following:

  • CND Stickey Base Coat
  • Butter London, Scallywag - 2 coats
  • CND Speedey Top Coat
I honestly cannot find fault in this nail polish. NONE. It's not terribly unique (Plain blue full coverage glitter) but it performs brilliantly and sparkles like you won't believe. I can't stop staring at my nails whenever I wear this shade. It's not tame, that's for sure!

PS: All photos are unretouched except for the addition of y logo on the bottom right :)

4 comments:

  1. omg Love it! :D I only have a few myself, but they really are special in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The level of sparkle in this one is CRAZY, and thank youuu :) I love it too haha. You are absolutely right, I've only got like 5 BL polishes but they are all amazing and special. Which ones do you have?

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome, this what I imagine what fabulous vegas show girls wear!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Haha I'm sure they'd add further bling with rhinestones and the like, but YES it's such a beautiful bright bold color

      Delete