Thursday, April 25, 2013

OCC Super NSFW Lip Tar Review & Swatches!


Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics is widely known for their lip tars in the makeup and blogger world - many people have been clamoring to get their hands on them, especially since Sephora began carrying them.

I ventured into m Sephora and picked up many samples of different shades to try out and swatch for you guys while also figuring out what I think looks good on me and what doesn't.

Lip tars are very very intensely pigmented. I have found that even the smallest millimeter or so of product is enough to over your entire lip. Start in the middle and work your way out. If possibk, use the lip brush that comes with the lip tar for optimal application or otherwise have a cleanup brush or qtip and makeup remover ready!

Check out what it looks like on me :) I'll upload more pictures and fill this post out more later. Let's be real, nobody's looking at this just yet anyway, right?

In different lighting, you see more of the cherry red base rather than all the golden sheen. That comes out to play in dimmer lighting and also when outside. I'm not sure I understand why myself either haha.

Note: you definitely want to wear lip balm prior to application as lip tars can accentuate dryness and also feel very drying over time.





No comments:

Post a Comment