Thursday, May 2, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoos - Tough As Taupe, Pomegranate Punk, Tenacious Teal

I'm really digging through my camera's memory to post reviews of things I took pictures of a while ago. Luckily for me, being out of RGP lenses for the next month or so means that I will be able to review more eye products during the day though - Putting on eye makeup and doing a complicated eyeshadow look was tough with the RGP lenses on, but I don't have any such restrictions now!

However, my vision's not clear enough for me to take any new shots I'm all that confident in - I'm scared that things will be blurry and just a little out of focus because I can't tell. That's why I've decided to go through my camera's memory and review things that are already photographed.

Just give the ol' eyes a few days to get used to this new blurrier normal and I'll figure out a way to begin taking pictures again!! In the meantime, enoy the following three Color Tattoos I have for review - they are the first three I added to my collection, but it has grown since then!


All three of these color tattoos are from the permanent lineup here in the US! The Maybelline Color Tattoos are a creamy eyeshadow base similar to MAC Paint Pots, and they offer pigmented and crease-free coverage that is supposed to last for hours. That's the claim, anyway.

Take care to "set" these cream eyeshadows with some powder eyeshadow on top - the purpose of the Color Tats is more to intensify what's already there rather than be worn alone, I think. On oilier lids like mine, they will fade or become patchy over time even with primer underneath if you don't set 'em.

I'm going to let the pictures do the talking instead of reviewing each color separately. I just don't have it in me to type more =/


Tough As Taupe


Pomegranate Punk

Tenacious Teal


Isn't Tenacious Teal just gorgeous? Unfortunately, Tough As Taupe didn't really do much for my skintone but I really liked the other two! Tough As Taupe makes a helluva great base for Urban Decay Mushroom for me though, and makes it look like I'm wearing colored eyeshadow rather than just sparkle on my pigmented eyelids.


I am cringing at how different all of the sizes of these pictures are. ARGH. I thought I could get away with editing half-blind, but I guess I was wrong! At least the photographs were clear and pretty good - I did NO photoshopping whatsoever beyond fixing the size and adding the logo on the bottom left of these pictures. I was too afraid to mess around with coloring but I think I managed to get the lighting just right and these are very color accurate. Pomegranate Punk is less brown than it appears, but that's all.

It's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment