Wednesday, March 14, 2012

NOTD: Kawaii Bling

This was going to be my Kawaii manicure for the challenge but I'm not super satisfied with it, so it may change. If it doesn't, I'll take proper pictures with my camera instead of uploading and posting directly from my phone!

My roommate helped with the design <3 the art on the thumb and the pearl tip idea are all her! She also blinged out my right hand <3 Rhinestone placement with my non-dominant hand would have been a nightmare.

I used:
OPI Base Coat
1 coat Essie Go Overboard (sooooo gorgeous on its own)
Sinful Colors Nail Junkie
China Glaze Fairy Dust
Essie Pure Pearlfection
Essie Shine Of The Times
OPI Top Coat

For the accent nails, I used Essie Pure Pearlfection and Shine Of The Times over my base color (Go Overboard...i thought it was a fitting name to stay off a blinged out manicure) to glitz up my nail. While that was still wet, I decked them out with the pearls and rhinestones [bought for super cheap on Ebay!]
I then made the mistake of using my OPI Tip Cat to seal them all in, but that bottle is almost empty now and it's thickening up :( So it closed over the bling.

When I get home tonight, I'll use a Qtip and try to fix it by removing the top coat from the pearls and rhinestones.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment